Organized in 1976, with the assistance of the National Rifle Association, Unified Sportsmen of Florida (USF) is a non-profit membership organization incorporated under the laws of Florida. Affiliated with NRA as the Florida Legislative affiliate, USF is an independent organization dependent on membership dues and contributions for financial support.
Unified Sportsmen of Florida was organized for the purpose of protecting the firearms rights of all law-abiding firearms owners in Florida and to preserve the firearms rights guaranteed in the United States and Florida Constitutions.
WHAT HAS USF DONE FOR GUN OWNERS?
- USF, under the leadership of its Executive Director Ms. Marion P. Hammer, has been on the front line leading the fight to protect the rights of target shooters, recreational shooters, hunters, collectors and citizens who own firearms for home and self-defense.
- It was USF that lead the fight and fought tirelessly for 7 years to pass “shall issue” Right to Carry legislation to reform Florida's oppressive concealed carry law. That landmark legislation has now become model legislation for the nation.
- It was USF that lead the fight to pass: Florida's Firearms Preemption Law that wiped out hundreds of gun control ordinances in Florida's cities and counties.
- And it was USF, that fought to pass Concealed Carry Reciprocity; Hunter Protection; Shooting Range Protection; Gun Manufacturer Lawsuit Protection; and more!
- USF has worked to defeat gun bans of every description, registration proposals, gun owner ID card proposals, one-gun-a-month purchase limits, gun taxes, ammunition bans, ammunition taxes, hunting bans, hundred upon hundreds of restrictive gun control measures.
- USF is the ONLY full time organization in Florida dedicated to protecting Second Amendment rights.
WHAT ARE MEMBERSHIP SERVICES?
- Regular Newsletters keep you informed on issues that affect your firearms rights in Florida and provide you with Fact Sheets and other factual data on firearms issues and debate material. USF's newsletters also provide updated information on federal legislation.
- Legislative Alerts that are rushed to you when urgent action is needed -- to let you know when your rights are in jeopardy and tell you what you and your friends and fellow firearms owners can do to help.
- Legislative Directory listing the names, addresses and phone numbers of all Florida state legislators and U.S. Senators and U.S. Congressmen plus the Governor's office and The White House.
- Election Information that provides dates of Florida elections, positions legislative candidates have taken on firearms issues, summaries of Constitutional amendments on the ballot and, in general, information to help voters be more fully informed on election day.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION